Wednesday 20 November 2013

My November 'Icons' Birchbox

Hello Lovelies, 

Today I wanted to share with you what I received in my November Birchbox. The theme for this month's box is 'Icons' and the Birchbox Team have taken their 'motivation from the icons that help inspire us to be the best possible versions of ourselves' and I think the products chosen for this month are from what they consider iconic brands.

Inside my Birchbox was…..


Weleda Citrus Creamy Body Wash - 20ml
This Body Wash has moisturising sesame oil and I really like using body washes that are also moisturising, especially at this time of year. It smells really fresh and I will look forward to using this. It is quite a small sample size, but I guess if you were going away for the night it would be perfect to take with you. 

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle Leave in Conditioner - (I can't see what size this is)
This is a leave in conditioner that is also a heat protector. I received one of these samples in my July Birchbox (which I posted about here), so I was a bit disappointed to receive another one this month, although I do like using it and it smells really nice. I tweeted Birchbox to mention this and they told me to email them and they will replace it, because you shouldn't get the same thing twice in only a few months, which I thought was excellent customer service and reassured me that I shouldn't in the future get the same things I have previously received. 

Chella Ivoory Lace Highlighter Pencil - 1.4g
I love using highlighters and this pencil is a gorgeous colour and feels really soft and I am looking forward to using this.  Birchbox posted an article with 10 different ways to use this, which I found interesting and you can find it here.


Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Black - 5.67g
Last month I received a Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser and was really excited to receive this Mascara this month. The card that came with my Birchbox says this is 'smudge-free and lengthens lashes for a wide-eyed, fluttery look' and I can't wait to try this.


English Laundry Signature For Her Eau de Parfum - 2ml
I'm not always so pleased when I get little samples like this in Birchboxes and Glossyboxes, but they are handy to keep in your bag and I guess a good way to discover fragrances you might not have otherwise. I am really bad at trying to describe scents, but this smells quite sweet but is also fresh and is really nice, so I will use this and try this if you get a chance to because it does smell really lovely.  

Pukka Herbs Selection of Teas - 3 x 2g.
These smell quite strong and the smell of these was the first thing I noticed when I opened my Birchbox. The flavours I got were Gorgeous Earl Grey, Three Cinnamon and Elderberry & Echinacea, but I do not like teas like this so will give these to someone who does. 

Birchbox Pencil Sharpener 
I really like when you get little extras like this and I was particularity pleased when I saw this because I have been needing a pencil sharper for bigger pencils for a while and I hope the eyeshadow pencils I have fit this. 

Overall I am really really pleased with what I received this month and I think Birchbox have done really well again this month and have done for the last couple of months. 

If you fancy trying a Birchbox, you can find more details here.

What did you get in your Birchbox this month? Leave me your link as a comment if you have posted about yours.

Thanks for reading :)

Nyss x

No comments:

Post a Comment