Wednesday 3 April 2013

My First Haul Post

Yesterday I went to London for my Aunty's Birthday Lunch and on the way back we stopped at the Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford. I had never been there before and loved it, there are so many nice shops and I will definitely be going back but next time for a day rather than just for couple of hours! I hadn't intended to do any shopping, but I ended up with a few little bits. :) I love reading other people's haul posts so thought I would share with you what I bought. 


I have been wanting to try the Sleek Rose Gold Blush for a while after reading reviews comparing it to the NARS Orgasm Blush, but it has been sold out at the Superdrugs near me. So when I spotted a Superdrug as we came out of the Tube Station, I popped in to see if they had it in stock and they did :) It's such a beautiful colour and I love the sparkle in it. I haven't tried it yet but can't wait to! It's a really good price at £4.49 and after looking at the other colours yesterday I think I will have to try the Sunrise one next.


In Superdrug I also picked up my favourite mascara - Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Black Drama Mascara. I absolutely love this and it has been my go to drugstore mascara for a while. It's £7.99 which I think is really good value and I love how you it gives loads of volume especially when you apply a couple of coats. I have tried the other mascaras in The Falsies range and love them all, but I tend to go for this one, because it comes in 'blackest black'. I also think the packaging is really cute, with the lace print on the lid. 


In Westfield, I spotted a shop I hadn't seen before called Beauty Base. It sells fragrances, skincare products and cosmetics  As I got to the back of the shop I noticed a whole aisle of budget price cosmetics and was instantly drawn to the huge range of L.A. Colors Nail Polishes at only 99p each! There was every colour you could imagine and being so cheap I had to get some. They contain nail hardeners too, which is great for me, as my nails tend to break easily. I spent a while looking through the colours and picked the 4 below.  

L.A. Colors Nail Lacquer in Antique Burgundy. 

L.A. Colors Color Craze Nail Polish in Cocktail. 

L.A. Colors Color Craze Nail Polish in Mega Watt. I love this nude colour. 

L.A. Colors Color Craze Nail Polish in Aztec Orange.  

All the ones I picked are shimmery, but I think they did also have colours that weren't shimmery or glittery. I am looking forward to trying these and hope they are as nice when applied as they look in the bottles. If you have tried these let me know what you think of them.

I also went to Primark and picked up these cute nail wraps that were reduced to 50p! I have used nails wraps before but don't think I applied them properly because they didn't seem to stay on very well, but I thought for 50p I could try them again and if they didn't last long I wouldn't have wasted much money.


From Primark I also bought this cute white wooden bird for only £1.50! It has a white ribbon loop so it can be hung up. I am moving house in about a month (hopefully) and so have been collecting little house bits and pieces and thought I would be able to find somewhere for this to go :)


Thank you for reading :) 

I would love to hear if you have tried any of these before and what you thought of them :)

Nyss x

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are lovely! Have you used nail wraps before? x

      Delete
  2. Nice haul. You got some great makeup. I love sleek cosmetics x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) This is my first Sleek product, looking forward to trying some more! What do you recommend? x

      Delete
  3. I love the nail wraps. I got some 50p nail wraps in Primark too but your polka dot ones are much prettier.
    Jade x

    http://jadewiggins09.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute, can't wait to try them. What sort did you get?

      Nyss x

      Delete
  4. AWH i love that bird! I haven't seen it in my local Primark! Really cute and perfect for Spring!
    Kirsty x
    http://misskirstyworsty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I had bought 2 now.

      Nyss x

      Delete