I have been nominated for a Liebster Award 3 times :) :)
The 3 lovely ladies that nominated me are:
Rach from What Rach Loves
Molly from What Molly Loves
Tiff from The Indecisive Mind of Me
I had not heard of this Award before and in case you haven’t, I’ve borrowed Rach’s explanation. The word Liebster comes from the German meaning of Favourite and the Liebster Award is an award for bloggers who have under 200 followers and bloggers can nominate other bloggers for this Award.
I think this is a really lovely idea and a great way to learn more about other bloggers.
There are some rules and these are:
When a blogger is nominated for a Liebster Award they have to do the following:
Post 11 random facts about themselves
Answer the questions that have been set for them
Choose 11 new bloggers to tag and link them in this post and go to their page and tell them they have been nominated
Create 11 new questions for the 11 nominated bloggers
NO TAG BACKS
11 Random facts about me
1. The first high end beauty product I purchased was Benefit’s Dandelion
2. I love all things seafood
3. I have 3 Sisters and 1 Niece
4. I like to look for a bargain and will shop around before buying something
5. I love paddling in the sea on a hot sunny day
6. I love Lipton Peach Iced Tea, after trying it in Corfu about 10 years ago
7. This is one of Rach’s but I also secretly enjoy getting to the end of a product and I agree there is nothing like throwing a bunch of empties away
8. I love snorkelling when I go on holiday
9. I like making up new dishes without following a recipe
10. I don’t really like horror films
11. I love Lucky Charms (the cereal)
Rather than answer all the questions from the ladies who nominated me, which would be 33, I choose some from each of them.
Answers to questions from Rach
What made you get into blogging?
I have always had a love of everything beauty related and have been reading other beauty blogs for about a year. I really enjoy reading other people’s opinions on everything beauty related and life in general, so thought I would give it a go myself and am loving it, particularly meeting other lovely bloggers.
Dogs or Cats?
Cats, I currently have black and white cat called Princess.
What's your favourite soap to watch?
I watch a few of the soaps, but if I had to choose I would probably say Eastenders or Coronation Street.
What type of blog posts do you enjoy reading?
I love reading all sorts of posts, but I particularly like reviews with lots of photos and ones showing how people have used different products, like NOTD and FOTD and ones that help you get to know the blogger a bit more.
Do you have a particular brand you find yourself reaching for all the time?
I don’t think there is a particular brand that I reach for all the time. If I had written this about a year ago I would have said Benefit and I do still love it, but there are loads of other brands I love too and use on a daily basis, like Clarins, MUA, L’Oreal, Soap and Glory, Clinique, Collection and Maybelline.
What's your favourite shop?
I don’t have a favourite shop, but I love browsing the beauty counters in Debenhams and House of Fraser. I also love visiting Lush Stores, they smell so nice and I always want to buy so many things from there. At the moment because I have just moved house I also like visits shops that sell housey things like Dunelm and B & M to look for little things for my house.
Answers to questions from Molly
Why is your blog named as it is?
I love sparkly and shiny things like a magpie and also all things beauty and so after thinking for a while me and a friend came up with Miss Nyss Beauty Magpie :)
If you had one superpower, what would it be?
I would be able to teleport, so could visit amazing places whenever I had some free time.
What would you do if you won the lottery?
Buy a holiday home somewhere hot with amazing beaches and quaint little towns, the house would be big enough so all my friends and family could come and visit. I would also like to open a spa, that has a smoothie bar.
If you were only allowed to do your hair or makeup which would you choose?
I would choose my makeup because I can get away without doing much to my hair if I don't want to or don't have time.
What would be your dream house?
A big house, somewhere on the outside of a town, with lots of space and a garden that gets lots of sun in the summer.
Do you see yourself still blogging in 5 years time?
I hope so :)
Answers to questions from Tiff
If you had to only ever use either mascara or lipgloss again, which would it be?
Mascara, I think mascara really opens up your eyes and feel naked without it on.
Where would you like to go on holiday?
Somewhere hot and sunny, I love Menorca and have been twice, but I would love to go back.
Your going shopping with your mates...what shoes are you gonna wear?
Probably some flat ballet pumps or sandals if it's spring/summer, or ugg boots in the winter.
Shimmer eyeshadows or Matte eyeshadows?
Shimmer eyeshadows, I love a bit of shimmer and sparkle!
What is your favourite, must have, never go without make up item?
Under eye concealer, I love Benefit's Erase Paste and Bobbi Brown's Corrector and Creamy Concealer Kit.
I don't know how I would choose, I do love chocolate brownies and also panna cotta with raspberries :)
1. Jade from Jadewiggins09
2. Sarah from Sarahs Beauty Emporium
3. Natasha from Shot of Beauty
4. Linda from Love for Beauty
5. Emma from DollFace
6. Melissa from Bubbles on: Beauty, Fashion and Life!
7. Zoe from A Little Bit of Everything
8. Lauren from Lauren Emma
9. Jen from Daisy Rose Beauty
10. Gemma-Louise from Live Love Laugh
11. Jamie-Lee from Orangen't You Lovely
My Questions for my Nominees
1. How long have you been blogging for and why did you start?
2. What is on the top of your beauty product wish list?
3. What would you do if you won the lottery?
4. Do you wear makeup everyday?
5. Is there one product that you wouldn’t want to live without and think everyone should try?
6. What is your favourite type of blog post to read?
7. What is the most you have ever spent on a beauty product and what was it?
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
9. Do you prefer Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
10. What are you most looking forward to this year?
11. Do you have a guilty pleasure, if so what is it?
Thanks for reading :)
Don't forget to add your link in the comment box when you have done your post, I'd love to read your answers.