Wednesday 30 October 2013

My October 'Beauty Buzz' Birchbox

Hello Lovelies, 

Today I wanted to share with you what I received in my October Birchbox. The theme for this month's box is 'Beauty Buzz' with the products inside being those that are 'award-winning, celeb-favourite and all-around buzzy' and I was really pleased when I saw what was inside mine.  

There was a change with this month's Birchbox and a Birchbox Magazine wasn't included, instead some collectable cards were which give more information about some of the products included in this month's box and how to use them.

Inside my Birchbox was…..


Akane Mask Cocoon Nocturne - 12ml
This is a face mask that you apply before bed and wash off in the morning that claims to 'help beat the signs of tiredness'. I hadn't heard of this product before, but I am always excited to try new skincare products and I haven't used a face mask like this before that you leave on over night, so I am excited to try this. 


KMS California Curl Up Wave Foam Mousse - 75ml
This looks like it encourages curls and also provides heat protection. I don't have naturally straight or curly hair and when left to dry it goes slightly wavy, so products like this usually work quite well for me to give me slight waves and texture, so I will give this a try and hopefully it will give me some subtle curls/waves.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in the shade Nude - 14.7ml
I was so excited to see this inside my Birchbox, I have tried this at a Laura Mercier counter before and really liked it. The shade I got is perfect for me and I am really looking forward to using this. 


Dr. Lipp Nipple Balm for Lips - 3ml
I received a sample of this in a recent Glossybox and I haven't actually tried it yet, but hopefully it is as good as it claims to be. These small sample sizes will be perfect to keep in my bag for when my lips feel dry. 

theBalm Cosmetics Stainiac in the shade Beauty Queen - 1.2ml
This is a cheek and lip tint and looks like a gorgeous shade of red, although when on your lips it is more of a pinky red. I got a cheek and lip tint in this month's Glossybox and I am not a huge fan of these types of products. However this comes with a sponge applicator which I liked because it means you can apply it without getting stained fingers and because it has this sort of applicator I will probably use this more than other cheek and lip tints I have. It is the perfect size to keep in your bag and the applicator means you can use it as a lip tint easily. 


UltraDEX Wire-Free Interdental Burshes - 30 brushes & travel case
I haven't used these sorts of products before, but they claim to help whiten teeth and I am always interested in products that help whiten your teeth, so I will give these a try. 

Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream - 3 x 3ml sachets
This looks like a cream that can be used on your skin or hair and when it is rubbed in your hands it turns from a cream to an oil. I haven't tried anything like this and am intrigued to try it. 

Overall I am really really pleased with what I received this month, I think it probably is one of the best Birchboxes I have received. :) 

If you fancy trying a Birchbox, you can find more details on how here.

What did you get in your Birchbox this month? Leave me your link as a comment if you have posted about yours.

Thanks for reading :)

Nyss x

2 comments:

  1. I'd be happy if i got this box, i should really think about subbing to it!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has probably been my most favourite Birchbox :)

      Nyss xx

      Delete