Wednesday 12 June 2013

The Skin Care Tag


Hello Lovelies,

At the moment I am really enjoying trying different skin care products and I don’t tend to use the same products all the time, instead using different ones every few days, although I am not really sure if this is such a good idea??

The Lovely Natasha from Shot of Beauty recently tagged me in the Skin Care Tag and I really enjoyed reading her answers and thought her skin care tip of sticking to the same routine for a few months so you can see if it makes a real difference to your skin was really useful, especially that I don’t currently do that and it has made me think I should try that. So thank you Natasha :)

Here are my answers….. 

Describe your skin care routine in 5 words
Cleanse, Exfoliate, Refresh, Hydrate, Nourish.

What's your skin type?
My skin type is oily/combination.

What's your favourite skin care product?
At the moment, I am really enjoying using Superdrug’s Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling really clean and I think it looks brighter after I have used it. I am also loving Premae’s Harmony Moisturising Creme Balm, which moisturises my skin but also helps to mattify it and absorbs really quickly, which is a must from a moisturiser for me. I reviewed this here.

Top blemish zapper
Over the years I have tried different things, like I am sure most people have, but I think the best way thing to use if you have a blemish is some sudocrem applied before you go to bed, the only problem with that is that it ends up on your pillow.

Face wipes yay or nay?
I use face wipes to remove my make up before cleansing if I want to take it off quickly, or sometimes just to freshen up my face if I have no make up on and my skin feels a bit oily. I don’t think it’s a great idea though for your skincare routine to consist of just using these. 

High-end skin care or high-end make-up?
I don’t know how I can choose between these, because I enjoy using both, although I do enjoy using drugstore skin care and make-up as well. My skincare products are a mixture of high end products and drugstore products, for example I love Clarins Cleansers, Toners, Exfoliators and Face Masks, Clinique’s Three Step Products and Eye Cream and Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant for my lips, but I also really like St Ives Apricot Blemish Control Scrub, L’Oreal 
Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Micellar Solution, Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Deep Cleansing Milk, Montagne Jeunesse Face Masks and of course Superdrug’s Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser.

What's the most unusual skin care product you've tried?
I don’t think I have tried any unusual skin care products.

You're in a French pharmacy and can only pick up one item - what is it?
I haven’t tried Bioderma, but have read so many reviews raving about it, so I would pick up some of that.

Tell us your top skin care tip
Always try and make time to cleanse and exfoliate your face, I think there is nothing nicer than the feeling of really clean skin. My other tip would be use a moisturiser that is suited for your skin type, over the years I have used ones that aren’t and always regretted it.

Here are the Beauty Bloggers that I am tagging…..

Linda from Love for Beauty

Rach from What Rach Loves

Molly from What Molly Loves

Jade from Jade Wiggins 09

Jen from Daisy Rose Beauty

Lora from Lora Loves

I look forward to reading your answers to these :)

Thanks for reading :) If you have already done this tag I would love to read your answers, so leave your links in the comments box.

Nyss x

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. I will make sure to let you know when I have blogged this.
    I love finding new blogs from others you have tagged too.
    Jade x

    http://jadewiggins09.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Glad I've encouraged you to commit to your routine - I used to chop and change all the time but now I've found a cleanser I love I don't want to change it. Thanks for doing the tag :)

    shotofbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! We love skincare and this was so fun to read! Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo,
    The-lipglossary.com

    ReplyDelete